Smyth On the Move

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Leaving

Today is my last day as a Peace Corps Volunteer. At 3:00 today I will ring the bell that signifies the end of my service. It has been an experience like no other starting with training and Wyatt's death and being posted in the middle of no where for two years. I don't think I will truly come to terms with the whole experience until I get home and have a chance to reflect a bit. I promise to be better about blogging and getting some pictures up once I get back to the States (god knows I will have the time). Check in for updates on Spain and Ireland over the next few weeks as well.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me so much for the past two years. It really means a lot to know that you have a whole network of people pulling for you, even if they are half way across the world. You have been my anchor through the rough seas. So long Zambia!

2 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Errrr...isn't the 'bell' an old tire rim? That's Zambia-style for you!

Meanwhile, just keep thinking about those Guinnes, fish and chips, Mexican food, Magic Cookie bars, feather dinner rolls, hot showers, ESPN, and good coffee. It shouldn't take too long to adapt.

Congratulations on two years of service to humanity!

Love,
M.

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

much respect, big d. congrats on the two years, sounds like you accomplished quite a bit.

indeed, looking forward to seeing more blog posts. :)

- chuck p.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home