Smyth On the Move

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Nothing

Hello people. Everything is good in Africa. I came into Kasama after taking a new volunteer out to Katie Meier's site, since she has gone home for medical reasons. We met with farmers and toured the village. It was weird being in somebody else's house that isn't really anyone's house. After that we came into Kasama for Jeremy, Annie, and Brett's going away party. It was a nialist party, so nothing really happened and nobody really cared. Now I'm in Kasama taking care of a few things before heading back to site tomorrow.

As for site I have been working with the farmers I sent for training in Lusaka to get them rolling on teaching other farmers. I also measured a furrow for another group and have been teaching English at the local school. When I go back I want to start my last visits to all my farmers, so that I have time to get to everyone. I will be back in Kasama some time in September, but I'm not sure of the exact date yet. Happy Patriot's Day if I don't get to a computer before September 11.

6 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey!

Hope you're well - I'm doing fine, finally started earning again after 3 years as a student. It sounds like you're still having a good time. How long have you got to go out there?

Take care

Jen

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dev, man you must be on one hell of an adventure. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Nance

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Randal the Candle said...

Keep up the good work. How long you been out there? It's been like 3 years by my count. See ya on your next visit out here.
Glaser

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Anyone: Devin is scheduled to be back November 24...I'm sure he will do some callin' when he gets here!

N/M

 
At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey smyth, can't wait to see you back in the states again. is the november return a return for good, or just another short visit home?

anyhow, hope all is well in africa. hope your hair grows back. :)

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Devin Smyth said...

I'll be back November, 24 for good (or until I leave again)and hope to see you all then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home