Smyth On the Move

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Buff Nose

Village football is always an adventure, and Sunday was no exception. My nose had a collision with the back of someone's head during the match and blood started pooring out everywhere. As I was laying on the side of the field bleeding all over myself with about forty little kids surrounding me, I thought to myself "Man I wish there weren't forty little kids standing around staring at me right now." Suddenly out of nowhere a guy came running up from behind me weilding a tree branch and started swatting at the kids as if they were flys and he was swinging a giant fly swatter. I thanked the guy, stuffed some tissue up my nose and rode my bike the 15 kilometers home. I contacted the medical officer and they told me to come to Lusaka for x-rays. I have been in Lusaka for almost two days now and have yet to actually get x-rays done. Hopefully I can get them done today and get out of here ASAP. That's the only news for now. Hopefully I can post again after I get the x-ray results.

2 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and no way to ice your nose? Thank goodness for guys with tree branches who take pity on injured soccer players.

Errr...did you win?

Love,
M.

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

battle wounds while in africa. love it. ;) what a trooper...

- charles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home