Smyth On the Move

Monday, November 21, 2005

Swearing In and Memorial


Tomorrow we will have a very small swearing in ceremony and memorial service for Wyatt here in Lusaka at the Peace Corps headquarters. Wyatt will be traveling back to the states on Tuesday along with a representative from Peace Corps and a scrap book with pictures and letters from all of us. I should be leaving for my post on Wednesday, spending Thursday running errands in Kasama and then get taken to post on Friday or Saturday. This means that I can be reached at the Kasama house on Thanksgiving. It is probably best to call in the evening (mid-morning U.S.).

Obviously, this is not the way that any of us wanted to start our service as volunteers, but I know that Wyatt would want us to be out there doing good work. For me personally, I would like to dedicate my service to Wyatt's memory. I take comfort knowing that his spirit will be with me as I go out to my post. He will be missed by all of us. This is a picture of Wyatt with his homestay brothers.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Jeannie said...

Devin,
Thank you for your kind words about Wyatt and for posting the picture. We will be reading your posts throughout your service. Thank you for honoring Wyatt by dedicating your service there to him. You will be in our prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home