Smyth On the Move

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Sorry

I have very little time, so I must use it to apologize to my family for not being able to get to the phone this week for my phone time. The stupid hippy girl who has the phone two hours before me took off with the phone and nobody can find here. Maybe she is watching her leg hair grow or something. Anyway, now that I am finished venting. Everything is good here. Only two more weeks of training and then I get to move to the bush and eat rats for dinner. More later.

PS: Here is my new address: Peace Corps Zambia

PO Box 410374

Kasama, Zambia

Attn: Devin Smyth/PCV

Your best chance of getting a package to me is to open any new items (besides food), so I don't have to pay duty tax. Also, you can try writing "religious materials enclosed" on the box. Sometimes this detures people from opening and looting your package. Please only send stuff for me (not stuff to give away to the Zambians). Jealousy runs rampid here and if I give something to one person in my village I will hear about it from everyone else. Seeing as how I am trying to integrate into the community you can understand how this would not be a good situation. Thank you for your cooperation.

1 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger John Keisler said...

I thought that this entry should have a comment so that it wouldn't say "O Comments" underneath. I am now writing religious materials enclosed on all my emails at work and so far, nobody has opened any of them. Keep it real...and watch out for others that keep it realer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home