Smyth On the Move

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Run!

I have some time for a story today. Yesterday, we were driving in from the bush in a land cruiser stacked with luggage and bikes and white people. The places were we are posted do not have real roads, so they don't see many cars or white people. As we would drive through each village, all the kids would come out and chase after us until they couldn't run any more. At one point I think we had about 20 little kids chasing our car. After this happened three or four times the guy driving said "watch this." He proceeded to slam on the brakes and stop in the road. Suddenly all the kids smiles and laughter turned into sheer terror. They all took off running in different directions into the bush and didn't look back. Why? I don't know.

My phone number at the provencial house is 011-260-4-222-948. Please only call if you know I am here and it is a decent hour. I am here now and will be until tomorrown morning (12:00 AM Sunday in California).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home